PhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, July 23, 2012

Tell Me More, Tell Me More!!


Amy Lemon's linky party sounds like fun. Plus, I've had quite a kick reading about other bloggers and their lives. So, in the spirit of fair play, here are some things you may not have known about me...

1. I am a Canadian, eh (as you know) and I live in a small community outside of a small village (600 people) in North Western Ontario. We are approx. 250 miles north of Duluth, Minnesota.


Kakabeka Falls village is named after the 40 m (130 feet) falls that our tourism industry is centered around. It's beautiful and awe-inspiring. I grew up 5 miles from the falls.


Thunder Bay is the closest "city" that we have in NorthWestern Ontario. It has a population of 120,000. I got to town a couple of times a week (we love living in the country). This picture shows two things TBay is famour for...1) The Sleeping Giant and 2) Lake Superior. At one time, we had the biggest grain ports in North America.

2. I met my husband when we were both 15. At first I thought he was too city for this country girl. He wore a BRACELET and a NECKLACE. He also GELLED his hair. ohmyword. Luckily, I came around (lol)

This is one of my favourite pictures of hubster and Logan when he was a baby. {heart}. We dated from age 15 until we got married at 20. Young and naive. It's been really tough, but worth it. We always believed in each other and knew that things would work out. At the beginning, we were homeless and lived with my parents. Hard work, some tears, perseverance and 14 years later we bought our dream house.

3. Some of my closest friends are my cousins, from BOTH sides of my family. I am the oldest grandchild on my dad's side. Here we are 30 years ago (eeek). 
I am holding my cousin Sarah (pink outfit). She's my birthday twin (separated by 8 years) and this August I am very lucky to be her bridesmaid. Love.my.birthday.twin.

4. I've been married for 17 years and am 37 years old. Hubster and I have been together for 22 years (minus 8 months when we went our separate ways at age 19-only to reunite at 20). I moved to Winnipeg and lived with two of my other bestie cousins and had an AWESOME first year of university. Fun times, friends.


My beautiful children. Top left Abbigayle (14), bottom left Logan (9) and right side Beth (16). Love them to bits. They are smart, loving, respectful kids. They are, with the exception of Abbi, rather messy. They promise to get to it later...huh...later never arrives. I WILL instill a love of cleaning in them.

5. I hate mice. I am petrified of them and HATE them so much. When Beth was a baby our bedroom was being renovated as we were adding a drop ceiling. One night, I am sitting in bed, nursing the baby, when all of a sudden WHAM. a little mouse falls right beside me onto the bed. WHAM. another little mouse falls right beside me. Needless to say, I panicked, screamed, cried, ran in circles and a hatred of mice was forever born.




6. I have been to Toronto 7 times in the past three years. As part of an action research team, we met with other teams in TO. Our little team consisted of my bff Sherri, and three other super fantastic people. Good times were had by all. We learned a lot at our conferences during the day and were able to see some shows, visit some malls, ride the subway and more at night. This is a picture of Sherri and me. Our team bonded during our projects and we.had.a.blast.

7. I love my nephews. Love them like they are my own. I feel so blessed that we are close and thank God everyday for my family. I don't have any nieces. Not even one. Sad :(

Newphew Connor, my brother Jamie, wife Becky and nephew Parker. Little baby-almost-born Arin is also in the picture ; )

8. I cannot live without a Tim's double double. Someday, if we get to meet in a bloggy meet-up sorta thing I shall bring everyone a Tim's double double. Promise. You will LOVE it.


9. I don't like hockey. At all. Just sayin' this Canuck isn't a hockey fan.

So there you go. All kinds of info about me...what are you like?

1 comment:

  1. Kakabeka Falls is absolutely breathtaking! It must be wonderful to live near that. It was great getting to know you better! :)
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!