PhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Tardy to the Party...A Day in My (Running) Shoes

Here's hoping that it isn't too too late to link up to Miss Klohn's fantabulous linky party. I have really enjoyed reading everyone's daily routine. I can't believe how EARLY many of you start your day...I have stopped whining when I get up at 6:30  6:45. I've also noticed that my little "annoying" (according to hubby) habit of hitting the alarm clock is shared by lots of blogging buds.

Okay-

6:20    ALARM GOES OFF
          ~First thwack of the snooze button

6:30     ALARM GOES OFF
           ~Second thwack of the snooze button

6:40     ALARM GOES OFF
          ~Finally drag my tired butt out of bed and head downstairs to make coffee

6:45     COFFEE
           ~Make coffee...which takes at least five times longer than it should since I fumble around in my      befuddled state...remember to turn it on so that it is ready when I get out of the shower...(I have forgotten and been very pouty disappointed)

6:50     LONG, HOT SHOWER
           ~Honestly, very relaxing and the favourite part of my morning

7:05     FIRST CUP OF JAVA
           ~A double double full of joy and love, enjoyed in front of "Canada AM" for ten whole minutes!

7:15     GET KIDS UP (for second time, first is before I go in shower)
...make lunches....get dressed...do hair and make-up (sorta lol)...tell kids to hurry up

7:45      OUT THE DOOR
            ~Off we go...two of my kids go to the same school as I work at...which is great (usually)

8:05      AT SCHOOL
            ~Last minute prep for day ahead...deep breathing...

8:30      BELL RINGS KIDS COME IN
  1. Literacy Block
  2. Recess
  3. Math Workshop
  4. Lunch
  5. Writers' Workshop
  6. Science/Phys Ed
2:35    SCHOOL IS OVER!
          ~Last minute stuff at school

3:10    HOME
          ~Head home with two cranky kids

3:30     CHORES, CHORES, CHORES

5:30     SUPPER IS READY

6:30-   PLANNING FOR TOMORROW

9:00     BEG KIDS TO GO TO BED...NOW!!

10:30    BEDTIME
             ~After doing lots of pinning and blog stalking of course

This is a typical day. Although, many days seem to be spent running to doctor's appts, the movies, the mall, friends' houses, hmmmmm...basically being a chauffeur for my two teens. I also like to watch a little tv to unwind (depending on the line-up). Mondays, so far, are my fave.

1 comment:

  1. I would be in so much trouble if I ever hit the snooze button! Usually I just stay in bed but turn the news on and waste 20 minutes.

    Thanks for linking up!
    Miss Klohn
    Adventures of a 6th Grade Teacher

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!