PhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, June 20, 2011

ABCya and Smilebox

Whew! Today the kids worked on a culminating activity for our PARTS OF SPEECH unit of study. This is what it entails:

  • each student adds 10-15 words about one topic (eg nouns, adjectives, adverbs, verbs...)
  • on their sheet, kids must have descriptive words and synonyms
  • after double checking spelling and neatness, kids showed me their sheets
  • if everything looks good, next step
Tomorrow, kids will type their list into ABCya's Word Cloud program (free and easy form of WORDLE). I will download their Word Clouds onto my flashdrive and make a PARTS OF SPEECH slideshow in Smilebox
I will post the slideshow when it is finished.
So, so, so, excited!!!

I borrowed this idea from "Techie Teacher"'s blog; what a wonderfully fun idea.